Bible Reading Plans
We want to encourage as many people as possible in our church family to engage with the Bible daily as part of their spiritual formation.
We offer several “reading plans” for you to choose from below. Choose one. Register your intentions on the Heritage Park homepage. And engage God’s Word in 2013!
5 X 5 X 5 The New Testament in a Year - 5 days a week, 5 minutes a day
The New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs Reading Plan.
In one year you will cover the New Testament and Psalsms and Proverbs once.
The Straight Through the Bible Reading Plan.
It is what it says! You read the entire Bible from start to finish in 365 days!
The ESV Bible Reading Plans can be accessed in multiple ways:
- web (a new reading each day appears online at the same link)
- RSS (subscribe to receive by RSS)
- email (subscribe to receive by email)
- iCal (download an iCalendar file)
- mobile (view a new reading each day on your mobile device)
- print (download a PDF of the whole plan)
There are about 10 plans available. Go to that link to access each plan in any of the options above.
And here are a couple of plans from NavPress:
The Discipleship Journal Reading Plan
With this plan you read through the entire Bible once.
The unique advantage of this plan is that there are “catch-up” days:
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only 25 readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sunday to either not read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the month’s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study passages that challenged or intrigued you.
Book-at-a-Time Bible Reading Plan
This book-at-a-time approach takes you through the whole Bible once in a year. It has two readings each day:
- the first reading alternatives between OT and NT books (about 3-4 chapters a day), with the Gospels spread throughout the year;
- the second reading is about a chapter a day of the wisdom literature and Isaiah.
As with the Discipleship Journal Plan, there are only 25 readings a month, allowing for catch-up and/or reflection.