Heritage Park Alliance Church
Volunteer Ministry Leader: Coordinator of Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Lead Pastor of Staff, Elders, and Church Ministries
Classification: This is a full-time unpaid volunteer role
Primary Purpose: Lead HPAC’s outreach and discipleship ministries to children and their families
The Coordinator of Children’s Ministries will develop and lead:
- Sunday morning discipleship ministry
- Wednesday night discipleship ministry
- Summer children’s camp*
- Children’s Ministry volunteer leaders
- Children’s Ministry staff
*subject to change
The purpose of this position is to ensure that:
1. Children’s Ministry volunteers and staff will be spiritually mature, relationally healthy, committed to the salvation of children, and equipped for their ministry.
2. Children will know how to have a personal relationship with God.
3. Children will develop basic biblical literacy.
4. Children will be an active part of ministry life within HPAC’s multigenerational family.
5. Families will be relationally connected at HPAC.
6. Families will be equipped to minister to their children.
The Coordinator of Children’s Ministries will:
- Demonstrate evidence of the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their life (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Demonstrate a life of obedience to God (which includes having been water baptized)
- Satisfy the biblical qualifications for Church leadership found in scripture (including those found in 1 Timothy 3)
- Remain a member in good standing at HPAC
- Complete all test and police clearance requirements of the Abuse Prevention Policy
What you can expect from us:
- Regular meetings with the Lead Pastor of Staff, Elders and Church Ministries
- Use of office space as requested / needed
- Budget for materials as requested / needed
- Inclusion in Thursday worship and strategy meetings
- Counsel, care, direction, accountability, and prayer